Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Cardabilities - Final Sketch...

I so wanted to join in the final Cardabilities Sketch...

This card background went through many incarnations before I decided I liked it LOL! I quickly discovered that too much red Glimmermist ends up looking like the chainsaw masacre, rather than quiet Autumn tones! That's the beauty of a gesso layer - if you don't like it you can remove colour with a baby wipe and start layering again!

Dictionary page base and added modelling paste (to play along with City Crafter Paste It) and a Pink Paislee She Art doily stencil. Covered in gesso, sprayed with a combination of Glimmermists and Dylusions in Autumn hues, highlighted with Gelato rubbed crayon once dry. Gorgeous Winnie and Walter sentiment, Dynamics branch and Clearly Besotted autumn leaves diecuts. Leaves created from watercolour paper oversprayed with orange and yellow Glimmermists. See how it GLOWS in the sun...



8 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous card Lyndal and I think your background looks fabulous:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! Love the background you've created. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chainsaw massacre *snicker* Wonderful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangit Lyndal... Sigh* Here I am thinking my card just miiiight be good enough to take the prize at City Crafter Challenge and then I see yours. It's stunning. I have no hope. :) Seriously gorgeous texture going on here and the colors are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic piece of art. So gorgeous is these autumn colors. And spot on our theme! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's gorgeous!! So glad you joined us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, such beautiful texture and cleverly done. Thank you for joining us at both City Crafter and Inkspirational - it is perfect for both.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.