Sunday, October 19, 2014

Do what you love, love what you do...


I got to thinking about why it is we do what we do, after reading Darnell's thought-provoking post, and realised when I'm in a ditch of doubt or lack of creativity, I always need to refocus on simply doing what I love and loving what I do, and anything else is a bonus. After all, the world now knows of the fate during their lifetime of such greats as Monet, Van Gough and Cezanne (see this article of 10 Famous Artists Who Had to Deal with Rejection During Their Lifetime). Not that I am in ANY way placing myself anywhere near the company of these luminaries, but it just goes to show, in order for them to keep creating, they too had to simply focus on doing what they loved and loving what they do.

With that in mind, I simply could not go past this spectacular photo prompt from this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, and combined it with this fabulous Retro Sketch by Tracey, because it's what I love to do! 


Created using a mix of Paper Smooches dies, Reflections Flowers and Big Bloom flowers on a Polaroid base, with Love Word sentiment, all pop dooted against this gorgeous American Crafts timber grained patterned paper. The patterned paper flowers are a mixture of MME, Echo Park and American Crafts.

Remember, have FUN and enjoy the process, and if you can recognize something you love in what someone else creates, let them know, it doesn't hurt to spread the love ;)

I hope you get to do what you love and love what you do a little this weekend!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, u truly captured the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal I love your take on the sketch! Fab! Thank you for joining us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true Lyndal. Amazing take on both challenges. So glad you could play with us at Paper Smooches Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Lyndal! Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great card.. loving all those layers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sister. I couldn't agree more. I love your take on the inspiration photo and sketch. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.