Saturday, September 6, 2014

Winnie & Walter Leading Lady - Week 1, Dear Dad...


Hi there Winnie and Walter friends and fans!  So excited to have been invited to spend September with you as Winnie and Walter's Leading Lady. I'm sure Shay and Julie could hear me squealing from half way around the globe when they asked me to join you!

Before I start I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to Jenny Martin for being my Silhouette saviour!!!

DEAR DAD...

As tomorrow is Father's Day here in Australia, I thought I'd start out September with some cards for the special Dad's in our lives.

First up for the Dad who is the centre of your universe...
I had a whole lotta fun getting super inky for this one! On a base of watercolour paper, starting in the centre, with Distressed Ink in Squeezed Lemon applied with a round dauber, then moving outwards with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Broken China and Faded Jeans. Splattered liberally with water and dried with a heatgun, before stamping a sprinkling of these super cute Winnie and Walter Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stars, heat embossed in Zing White. Coloured my die cut star with Distressed Ink in Squeezed Lemon, and stamped Winnie and Walter Big, Bold, Seasons, topped with a Winnie and Walter Parentville cut file "Dad". 

Next up, for the Dad who dreams of being shaken, not stirred...
Created using Walter and Winnie Scenery V is for Chevron, with the V stamp repeated to create faux plaid. First stamp an evenly spaced row in Momento Luxe Bahama Blue, then an evenly spaced row in Momento Luxe Pear Tart in the opposite direction, Making sure you overlap the two points of the chevron. Created the faux tux with a die cut stitched tag, stamped with sentiments from Walter and Winnie The Big, The Bold and the Seasons also in Momento Luxe Bahama Blue, and finished once again with these cool Walter and Winnie Parentville cut files, "Dad" and a Bond bow tie. You can have a lot of fun playing with different colour combinations to create your own faux plaid patterned papers!

Last, but not least, for the Dad who LOVES spending time in the shed!
I have recently discovered the delights of creating cards with metal sheets, and Winnie and Walter cut files are perfect for this! My background was created by running a piece of Add a Little Dazzle Dark Chocolate metal sheet through my Cuttlebug with a Tim Holtz gears folder. The raised sections were sanded to remove some of the top layer of colour, then the bare silver was coloured by rubbing with Gelatos. I ran a second piece of the metal sheet through to create the fishtail flag base for sentiment, secured the Winnie and Walter Parentville cut file, "Dad" letters in place behind the flag with masking tape, then used a cotton bud (Qtip) to rub around the edges of the letters before again sanding back the top layer of colour, and adding blue Gelato highlights. The "Happy Father's Day" Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and the You sentiment was stamped on silver cardstock and heat embossed in Zing Pewter.


Remember to leave a comment on my blog on any of my Winnie and Walter Leading Lady posts throughout September to be in the draw to WIN a $30 gift card for Winnie and Walter

HUGE thanks to Shay and Julie for their generosity, and for this fabulous opportunity!



Card #3 Playing along with Darnells NBUS (Tim Holtz gear embossing folder),
Creative Knockout Tic, Tac, Toe (embossing, sentiment, metal embellishment)
Card #2 Playing along with Virginia's View Patterned Paper, and Wanna Sketch

and Card #1 with Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® ‘Stamp-It’ and Blog Hop.

47 comments:

  1. Congrats on your role as Leading Lady - so well deserved! Your cards are stunning! So much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous (oops, I mean 'handsome') and showcase Winnie and Walter products wonderfully! The third card: awesome! Thanks for the inspiration and generous give-away.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creations :) so unique and so perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff there, Lyndal! My favorite card is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats !! You cards are Fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Miss Lady!!! These cards are all AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! LOVE all the cards, but that first one is absolutely fabulous!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lyndal you are amazing! And these projects are certainly proof of that! I was wowed by your creativity in each one...the chevrons turned planned, the cool metal look, and the gorgeous painted background...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing creations for the guys! Congrats on your gig as Leading Lady for W & W, you've got fab style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats miss leading lady! Can't wait to see what u have planned for the rest of the month! Love the cards you've shared today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Lyndal! Awesome cards! Will be following your blog for more great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Leading Lady role, Lyndal! So well-deserved, sweetie!! Your cards show the wide-range of your enormous talent and provide us with tons of inspiration! I love each one of these very special Dad's day cards: the all-star, the movie star, and the gearhead star!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Father's Day card designs!
    Great job and glad to see you're linked up with Winnie & Walter who I've recently discovered and love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on your guest spot at W& W! I just love all these masculine cards...these look amazing! just love the background on the first, the plaid on the second and the metal look on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifully done Lyndal. Love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that card with the bow tie-- AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such amazing cards!
    I love the bold bright colors of the first two and the last card is just-Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats Lyndal :) beautiful cards.. love them..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really wonderful! Love the fantastic inking on the first card, but that last one is amazing! The background is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Dad gear card looks absolutely amazing Lyndal.What terrific techniques you used to produce such a fab effect!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS on being Leading Lady this month Lyndal!!!
    LOVE your FABULOUS Father's Day cards, each one is a great design, my favourite is your LUCKY LAST ONE, LOVE the metallic layers and the COOL gears textures - LOVE IT ALL!!! It would be exciting to make one like this for my dear Dad's birthday!!! I'm still a little sad that I didn't get to see my Dad today for Father's Day but I'm happy that I got to speak to him (& my Mum) on the phone this morning.
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I came here through the Winnie & Walter blog. Congrats on being the leading lady this month. Loved all three cards. Though the first is my favourite! Absolutely love the vivid colours! Looking forward to rest of your gorgeous creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay YOU!!!!!!!!!

    Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being the leading lady this month, so fun. Love your fabulously stylish card designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All great cards...my favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm new to following winnie and walter. Since you're the leading lady this month, will all of your post also be posted on their blog, or should I subscribe to this one too?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous cards Lyndal, I love your fabulous star, a wonderful inked background a gorgeous elements!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulous cards and fabulous post! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all your fabulous DAD cards--great variety.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are just fabulous, Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats !!! LOVE your cards esp the last one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your vibrant colors on your cards! They are great masculine inspirations :) THANK YOU so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations on being W&W's Leading Lady, Lyndal ... these are such brilliant masculine cards ... I particularly love the colours one the first two! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So very awesome and your cards are uber cool for a dad. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Lyndal. Congrats on your Leading Lady honor!!! Fabulous Father's Day cards ... all so unique and creative. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, they're all great but love #3. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    Hugs Helen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have such a difficult time with masculine cards. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your dad cards are absolutely fantastic. I especially love how dapper the one you created for Wanna Sketch. The plaid is perfection. Thank you so much for being inspired and for playing long with wanna sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the lovely
    and bright colors
    on you cards and
    the gears!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my!! I LOVE all your projects. Masculine cards are so hard and you nailed each and every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on being selected Leading Lady for Winnie and Walter this month. Love your Dad cards. They are brilliant! Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi
    I have just seen you card on NBUS challenge I am loving the metal steampunk Dad card it's amazing
    and big congrats on your leading lady GS
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, what amazing "dad" cards! I love them all but the steampunk one is what drew me over from Darnell's NBUS challenge. Great job on using up some NBUS! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  44. I so love the card with metal accents. Gorgeous colors and textures. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I seriously adore these cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.