Monday, September 8, 2014

A Blog Hop with a Difference...

First up my card for the day:



Created to play along with AEI{heart}U Clean & Simple Challenge, Color Throwdown, Seize the Birthday and CAS(E) this Sketch. Using Distress Inks in my favourite combination of Squeezed Lemon, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry (believe it or not!), double die cut with Paper Smooches fishtail flag and Memory Box Dahlia butterfly, combined with this cute birthday sentiment from Avery Elle.

I'm also participating in A Blog Hop with a Difference, where you answer a few questions about yourself, then nominate others who inspire you to do the same. I was nominated by the lovely Jenny Martin at My Paper Epiphany, my Mixed Media Card Challenge teamie, and lucky for me, she lives just five minutes away!

What project am I working on right now?
I'm currently working on projects for my next Winnie and Walter Leading Lady post, and my next FUSION post, and getting easily distracted with challenge inspiration from the blogsphere, as you can see from today's card!

How long does it take you to create a project? 
I am generally a slow creator. I challenged myself to improve by joining the Design Team for the 10 Minute Craft Dash - but the only way I made the deadline was to have all my supplies ready and EVERYTHING planned out in my head before the timer began. I could NEVER create that quickly from scratch - it would take me at least that long to think about picking the papers LOL!

What are my fave things I like to create with at the moment?
I must admit have been enjoying working with Add A Little Dazzle metal sheets lately, and am trying to source a local supplier!

How does my creative process work?
I overthink it! I usually find I need a combination of Challenges to narrow down my options, and I like to add a little unexpected twist. 

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
I let my fingers do the walking! With so many challenges out there, looking at everyone's fabulous creations, I can't help but be inspired. If I'm running low on creative energy I just go wandering through blogland or pinterest til inspiration hits - and if that doesn't work I'll look for a technique I'd like to try and just have a play :)

What is my signature style?
I love colour, I love die cuts / fussy cutting, I love combining challenges, and I love experimenting. Just wondering, is "Clean, Colour & Cut" a style, or a trip to the hairdressers LOL!

One random fact about me
Both my kiddies were born on repeating dates - the days and the months are the same numbers.

Now it's time to nominate 2 people who inspire me. I have cheated a little and chosen just one as my other nominee was unavailable. 

In case you haven't already had the pleasure, I'd like to introduce you to Kasia, who can be found at "The Nature of Crafty Things".  I first discovered Kasia when she was working her magic with Paper Smooches stamps, I just LOVE her style. She was one of the founding Design Team members of one of my very favourite sketch challenges, Retro Sketches, and is on the Design Team of two of my favourite companies, The Alley Way Stamps and Avery Elle. Kasia works magic with their images, and makes CAS look easy, which is a very difficult thing to do!!! I'm also inspired by her non-crafting pursuits as she has recently participated in her first Spartan race - how AWESOME is that!


See what I mean!!! Kasia works MAGIC!

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Your card is sooo gorgeous...love the bold colored panel beneath the butterfly....awesome use of the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Lyndal!! Love your card and congrats on W&W!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love that pop of gorgeous color. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly looks so dramatic floating on the banner! Beautiful blending! I enjoyed reading your post! I forgot to mention what a great sense of humour you have! I've seen your creative process in action and you don't look that slow - I'd say you're very focused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and an amazing post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card, love the distress inking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and cheery, Lyndal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful take on the sketch! Love the dynamic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.