Monday, April 8, 2013

Paper Smooches with Twinchies...

Today is the last day you can post your homework in the Pattern Play class, so as soon as I saw this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Designer Drafts Challenge, I knew I wanted to have a play with this cool paper quilting technique for my background, using 1 inch by 2 inch pieces of paper (twinchies!), I created one panel of quilted paper and cut it into two pieces for the sketch.  I love this weeks Color Q combination of soft pinks, yellow and suede, and it was perfect timing to play with my left over scraps from this card, with a combination of My Mind's Eye and Lily Bee Designs papers, paired with these gorgeous Paper Smooches stamps, and Crate Paper wooden sentiment.  Added the faux stitching & updated the photo :) and linked to Paper Smooches May Guest Designer Search Challenge too.

Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello - it's REALLY appreciated :)


Playing along with Pile It On Wooden Challenge too!

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lyndal I love your quilting and that sweet image. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mix of patterned paper and a fabulous card for all of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Vellum and the FUN Patchwork background!! Such GREAT takes on the Challenges!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SPARKS challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilted effect of the twinchie papers and the stitched vellum is pretty. I love those huggy elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - love it!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment--- LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch! What a FAB pattern and design for the panels!! LOOOOOOOVE!

    THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.