Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Tale of Two Cards...

Card #2 - Keepin' it Simple

Card #1
I thought I'd play along with two challenges this week by combining Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge with the Keep It Simple Snowman Challenge.  My first card (below) was based on a rather literal interpretation of this weeks Paper Smooches sketch, and I wasn't convinced it was CAS enough for Keep It Simple, so I CASed it up a little more, with a more metaphorical (or in this case perhaps it's meta-chlorophyll) interpretation LOL.  As the CAS version was so predominantly red, I thought I'd add it to this weeks CASology Red Challenge too.  Both cards are created using Paper Smooches Warm Hearts and Pretty Phrases, together with October Afternoons Cakewalk papers and Dienamic Snowdrift diecuts.  Card #1 also has a cute Studio Calico wood veneer heart.




12 comments:

  1. Both are so super cute!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adore both these cards but the top one is my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous. I especially love the first, my CAS nature I guess :) The patterned paper you used is darling. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cute snowman and the way you combined your sentiments. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyndal,
    both cards are so cute! The color combo is so beautiful!
    I think the first one is my favorite, love the white space!
    Vielen Dank für´s Mitmachen bei KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love the sweet plaid and polka dots on that first one, Lyndal! :) And the texture on the background...love it!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of white space - I think the polka dots look like snow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love both of these cards. They are very cute! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the sketch! Both cards are fabulous. Your paper piecing looks great. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think they are both super cute!! can't pick a fav!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE filling in the loopy letters with patterned paper! How fun does that look?! Your plaid trees are also nicely unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.