Monday, December 17, 2012

Seize the Day!

A quick card for today to help boost your Christmas spirit!  Inspired by Annette's recent The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired card and created using Priceless Joy and Jolly Holiday with a Christmas Magic sentiment.  Perfect for Just Add Inks Just Add Christmas Challenge!

Have you seen the new Seize the Birthday Birthday Card Challenge blog?  I don't know about you but I never seem to have enough birthday cards in my stash - I can't wait til their first challenge begins on January 10th.  I created this birthday card to celebrate their Linky Party using The Alley Way Stamps Love Knots and sentiment created from Jibber Jabber and Bite Size.  The Love Knots background was swiped with Distressed Ink Picked Raspberry across the bottom half and Dusty Concord across the top, then spritzed with Glimmermist Denim, before stamping onto some baby pink Basic Grey paper.  The Spellbinders and My Favourite Things butterflies were diecut and the sentiment stamped in Dusty Concord before dry embossing with Tim Holtz Woodgrain, and pop dotting of course :)



11 comments:

  1. these cards are fabulous...you have such a great style and it is so inspiring.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that car :) And how cool does it look with the trees? That's a fab mix of butterflies, too - with all the butterfly stuff I HAD TO HAVE am I ever glad they are never-ever-ever going to be out of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally adorable, Lyndal! thanks for joining the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love the car with the tree on top!! and your butterfly card is so pretty :)

    So glad you joined us for our first link party on Seize the Birthday.
    Looking forward to seeing you for our first challenge in Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one VERY cute Christmas card, Lyndal! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That butterfly card is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little red polka-dotted car is so FUN! What a great scene, with the tree on the roof, and the ones in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very sweet Christmas card!
    If it wasn't so hot here where I live I'd love to pop a real tree on my car to take home.

    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.