Friday, May 11, 2012

Moxie Fab Paper Smooches Freshly Made...



Love this weeks Trend Watch at Paper Smooches, the Damask & Brocade Challenge at Moxie Fab World and this versatile sketch from Freshly Made. I paper pieced this card with green damask and yellow brocade, to show that damask and brocade doesn't have to mean old fashioned :)

These gorgeous stamps and sentiment are from Paper Smooches Sunny Side Up.  I stamped the clouds in Stampin Up Baja Breeze and dry embossed them with Cuttlebugs D'vine Swirls, and stamped the circle for the centre of the sun in Stampin Up Daffodil Delight.  Patterned papers are a mix of Bo Bunny Country Garden Collection, Lily Bee Design Buttercup, My Minds Eye Out of the Blue and an old favourite Pink Paislee 365 Degrees.  Love this Memory Box Country Landscape Die Cut and the perennial favourite Swiss Dots embossing folder. 

I created the sun by drawing a large circle and picking an off-centre point the be the centre of my sun. I used this point to disect the circle into halves, then quarters, then eighths then sixteenths.  Cut out every second sector of the suns rays, and square off the ends of the rays, then pop-dotted the stamped centre circle using the original off-centre point as the centre of your stamped circle.

Hope the skies are sunny in your part of the world :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the embossed clouds with the inked edges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the die cut green damask as the countryside. looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your directions on how you made that cool looking sun! And wow, what a great scene here, I really like how it is laid out and you can really see the dimension. Not to mention that your colors and patterns are so pretty! I hope you have a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT JOB on the challenge! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.