Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Play Dates in Pink Elephant Masks...

 

Left-hand card uses overlay technique, right-hand card uses masking technique



 

Another second post for the day!

Inspired by this weeks Colour Splash palette at The Play Date Cafe, and CAS theme at The Pink Elephant Challenges, I thought I would try masking as I have not yet used this technique, other than to stamp sentiments.  To show you a comparison, the left-hand card shown above has been stamped using overlay rather than masking (up-side-down music and all LOL!), and whilst you can achieve some really amazing effects using this technique, I felt that masking would achieve more of the look I was after.

If you have not yet tried masking - you should give it a go!  All you need to do is to stamp the image you want as the foreground onto a scrap piece of paper (many people recommend you stamp on post-it-notes and incorporate the sticky end to enable you to position your stamped image on the card more easily).  Once you have done this, "fussy cut" around the outside of your image, then temporarily adhere the stamped image to your card in the correct position.  Stamp the background image (in this case the Kaisercraft music stamp) across the top of your temporary image, I stamped this in Momento Black Ink.  Then remove your temporary image (in this case the Prima butterfly stamp).  Stamp your foreground image in the space left when you remove the temporary stamped image, I stamped this in Memories Artprint Brown Ink.  Finally I stamped this gorgeous sentiment from My Favourite Things Big Sentiments, also in Memories Artprint Brown Ink.

Hope you have a BIG day today too :)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS design...both of your cards are gorgeous...you did an awesome job with the masking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that big, butterfly stamp! This is such a fabulous technique, Lyndal! TFS! And thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've shared two different versions of your card. They are both really very pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.